Do you know? That strong and sharp jaw is the main weapon for a termite colony in chewing and biting various parts of your house made of wood. In a short time, termites can pose dangerous risks to your home such as structural damage to make some parts of your house collapse, such as the roof or ceiling. This also makes you want to do home pest control so that termites are no longer in your home.
You can take some initial steps to prevent termites from damaging the structure of the house and endangering the safety of your family. Important facts about termites that every homeowner should know:
– Termites never stop eating wood for 24 hours/day
– One type of termites – Subterranean termites live underground
– Termite queens can live 5 to 10 years, and produce 160,000 eggs in 1 year
– Termite queen’s ritual for 5 to 10 years and laying up to 160,000 eggs a year!
– A termite colony consists of 95% of worker termites, and 5% of soldier termites
– Termites build tunnels or better known as mud tubes made of mud, dirt and saliva to make it easier for them to move underground to land
Luckily, there are steps you can take to protect your home assets from termites that can damage it:
– Repair all broken tiles, to prevent moisture from entering the house and attracting termites.
– Repair and overcome leaks in pipes to eliminate the humid conditions favoured by termites.
– Dispose of wood debris that is adjacent to the walls of the house, because it can encourage termites to hide and live in it.
– Closing any cracks and gaps that exist around the walls of the house, to close the possibility of termites slipping into your house
– Having a garden that is far from building houses to not provide termite access into your home.
– Take proactive steps now to expel and eradicate termites, so that the presence of termite colonies does not harm your home building.
Comprehensive termite control from Cayce Exterminating using advanced technology can help you to immediately eradicate termites from your home so that the home is maintained and comfortable.